Skip to main content

On the inspector it would be good to be to have a split view of the table view of the data, so you could have a split view of two inspectors at the same time, and can compare columns. This is how I work more as a web developer. I find I want to compare inspectors side by side to check columns in one or the other. Obviously they are tabbed so you have to flick between them often, but I would like an option to have split views. (At least I think it would be good!)

+ 1 on this one. Its a feature that I would find useful. Sometimes its realy handy to compare 2 or more results. Splitview its easier then tabs. FME is outstanding as it is. But this would be a upgrade for the inspector :)

?

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

Data Inspector needs more love.  While the Workbench visual preview has its place the standalone inspector has been pushed aside a little but still plays a more effective role in providing more screen space for things such as the side by side comparison featured in this idea and also being able to inspect overlapping data amongst other features.  The single window application concept has some merit but also some drawbacks.

I’d like to see an option to prefer data inspector to be opened automatically rather than visual preview, especially when feature caching is off or even if it is on and limited only to where inspectors are attached to ports.