Skip to main content

Hi,

I’ve been creating quite a few automations lately and in 1 case I’ve ran into a “limiting” factor where a “Sampler” (like present in FME Form as a transformer) would solve my problem. 

I think this could be a great addition to the “actions” like Merge, filter, log, etc.

The case is as followed:

I have 3 workspaces that can run parallel from each other based on a schedule. No matter if they succeed or fail, a fourth workspace should always run afterwards.

This can be achieved by not connecting the 3 workspaces with the split merge output ports. Then 1 feature will always come out of the “success” port. (red and blue block below) and the workspace will run once.

I however have a fifth workspace that should run “once” if “1 or more” of the workspaces in the red block succeeds.

At this point, there is no way to achieve this without creating an extra workspace (the image below with the extra split merge block does not achieve this).

I would therefor like to have a “sampler” transformer inside automations. This so i could connect all the Success ports from the red block with the sampler and only let 1 feature continue. This would ensure that my last workspace (green block) only runs once if any of the red block workspaces is successful.

Be the first to reply!