Skip to main content

Hello,

I'm looking for advice to proceed with an issue regarding selecting uploaded file within FME Server 2018.

In FME 2015, we used to be able to upload a zip file and specify different files within that to published parameters. Here is the screenshot from FME Server 2015:We lost this functionality in FME server 2018, so we cannot specify the .gdb file as a second parameter in the workspace: Do you have any fixes regarding this issue with being able to select files within the uploaded zip file? This workspace is used by external users, so we try to minimize the impact as much as possible.

For your information, two parameters we are looking for are, an excel file which is configured as 'File(existing)" and second is a gdb, specified as 'Folder(existing)'.

Hi @adsandyson,

Whilst I'm not aware of a way to look inside a zipped file in FME 2018 as long as the Reader format is set, it is not necessary to select individual files from inside the archive file. FME knows which files to read based on the file extension related to the chosen format.

Therefore I believe having your users simply specify the path to the zip file when setting up the translation source parameters should work.

Reference: https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Workbench/Workbench/archive_files_reading.htm?

Hi Holly,

Thanks for your response. This workspace, however, does not use the feature reader. It just try to copy the file to a different location and before that, it does all the quality check on the .gdb file.

This is an issue which classifying parameters.

We put a work around in this work space by putting '/*.gdb' in the filename extractor and have users upload the zip gdb file and the excel file separately. This, however, make the whole zip file be copied over to the new location instead only the extracted .gdb; only the extracted gdb was copied in the 2015 version. I think this is the solution for now.

We put a work around in this work space by putting '/*.gdb' in the filename extractor and have users upload the zip gdb file and the excel file separately. This, however, make the whole zip file be copied over to the new location instead only the extracted .gdb; only the extracted gdb was copied in the 2015 version. I think this is the solution for now.

Hi @adsandyson,

I'm glad you've been able to find a workaround. One other option might be to have a single Published Parameter where your user drops the Zip file. Then have your workspace start with a Creator > ZipExtractor (Source Zip File = published parameter) From there you should have both the .gdb and Excel file path to work with in your workspace.