Skip to main content

Dear All,

I've a question about choice parameter in FMEServer.

I've published a workbench with some parameters. One paramter is a choice list (single). When I use the interface all is ok because I can specify only the items in the list.

Now, I have some procedures that call the workbench by rest api. I've expected that FMEServer checked the submitted parameters with the list in the choice list but this didn't happen.

I have to check in the workbench the input paramters?

Hi @giosp​ ,

This is the expected behaviour when a workspace is submitted via the Rest API as parameter validation checks occur within the Web UI rather than in the job request. Therefore if you are submitting workspaces via the Rest API you will need to author your workspace to perform additional parameter checks and terminate the translation if the requirements are not met.

There is an enhancement request to support parameter validation in the Rest API (Internal reference: FMESERVER-15709) however there is no planned work at the moment. Should the status of this request change I will update you via this post.

Hi @hollyatsafe​ ,

thanks a lot for your answer. I will introduce a check of the parameters in the workflow. Thanks a lot.

Happy Xmas and new year 🎅