Skip to main content

Hello,

I have recently installed FME Server 2019.2.3.2 (32 Bit) and have been using it without any issues up until this point. I modified a config property in the 'fmeServerConfig.txt' file and even since then, the manager doesn't want to load correctly. After that, I restored the config back to what I had it at before (when it was working) and restarted the FME Server Services, the machine, etc. Has anyone else ran into this issue before? Have added some screenshots below: Thank you

Have you looked in the FME Server system log files?

Also, have you verified that all the FME services are running?

Have you looked in the FME Server system log files?

Also, have you verified that all the FME services are running?

I have looked at the system log files. Looks like the engines aren't registering correctly...

FME_SHARED_RESOURCE_DIR is unset

FME_SHARED_RESOURCE_DIR has been changed and is now 'D:/FMEServer/FMEServerSystemShare///resources/engine'

FME Engine failed to register with FME Server '<server_name>' on port 7070: Could not establish connection to host

Program Terminating

Translation FAILED.

Process "<server-name>_Engine4" ended unexpectedly and has reached its start attempts limit of 20.

Continual restart attempt in 60 seconds.

The FME services are currently running as well. (Server Core and Server Engines).

I have looked at the system log files. Looks like the engines aren't registering correctly...

FME_SHARED_RESOURCE_DIR is unset

FME_SHARED_RESOURCE_DIR has been changed and is now 'D:/FMEServer/FMEServerSystemShare///resources/engine'

FME Engine failed to register with FME Server '<server_name>' on port 7070: Could not establish connection to host

Program Terminating

Translation FAILED.

Process "<server-name>_Engine4" ended unexpectedly and has reached its start attempts limit of 20.

Continual restart attempt in 60 seconds.

The FME services are currently running as well. (Server Core and Server Engines).

So the next question is, what exactly was modified in the commonConfig.txt file?

So the next question is, what exactly was modified in the commonConfig.txt file?

It was actually the fmeServerConfig.txt file that I modified (will correct that in the original question as well).

I modified the FME_SERVER_WEB_URL property. Having just looked at the file again today, it looks like something has happened to it. For example, that property has been replaced with the following: http://{SAFE{webserverHostname}}:{SAFE{servletPort}}. This could explain why it's not working correctly...

It was actually the fmeServerConfig.txt file that I modified (will correct that in the original question as well).

I modified the FME_SERVER_WEB_URL property. Having just looked at the file again today, it looks like something has happened to it. For example, that property has been replaced with the following: http://{SAFE{webserverHostname}}:{SAFE{servletPort}}. This could explain why it's not working correctly...

I agree, that doesn't seem right.

I know this is an old question but should anyone have similar issues, here is what our solution ended up being:

We use a custom version of tomcat (instead of the one provided with FME Server Software) and the Apache directory appeared to have lost all permissions with the FME Service account, once the permissions were applied, this problem was resolved.