Skip to main content

Hi,

No feature readers work when published to FME Server: Geopackage, FGDB, AGOL, SQLite, etc. I have tried them all but nothing seems to work. I have also tested this error with very simple connections involving zero spatial or attribute queries to eliminate any sort of other variables.

I consistently get an error like this regardless of feature reader type:

FeatureReader (QueryFactory): The clause 'IGNORE_NULLS <Unused>' within 'FACTORY_DEF {*} QueryFactory FACTORY_NAME

I'm running server version 2020.1.0.1 on Win64

and have attempted publishing with 6 different desktop versions just to see if it was a desktop to server compatibility issue (but that did not fix the problem).

Any ideas on what might be happening? Upgrading server is a possibility, but not anything I can do in the next 2-3 months.

Thanks

Do the classic readers work?

Do you have anything in the WhereClause or in the FeatureTypes To Read? Special characters?

Did you change anything in the logging level settings? Because that is the only time I see this kind of errors.

"I'm running server version 2020.1.0.1 on Win64 and have attempted publishing with 6 different desktop versions just to see if it was a desktop to server compatibility issue (but that did not fix the problem)."

Not sure what you mention here, but as far as I know the way to go is to use the same version for desktop and server to prevent issues.

This is the only other topic I know of where an equal issue was raised, no solution or follow up.

Hi @pmwingard​ ,

I think I recently had a case open with you on this topic and I was able to reproduce the error when I published the workspace from a newer version of FME Desktop than FME Server and it was resolved by using the same or earlier version. You mentioned you've attempted from six different versions of FME Desktop - does this include the exact same build as your FME Server e.g. 2020.1.0.1 b20596?

(The last email from the case was sent out on May 28, feel free to respond there to continue chatting over email if you'd prefer).

@hollyatsafe​ That's a good question, Holly! Thanks for responding. I have tried to run it on FME desktop v2020.0.3.0

However, when I use that version I get an entirely *different* problem with feature readers. In that version I find that FME desktop spins and spins, but will never actually load the features into my workspace. I get this message that says "Reading Dataset" that never goes away (see image). I'm trying to load a small dataset with only 60 simple shapes, nothing wild. So, it seems like I'm stuck? I can either

A.) use a new version of FME desktop that will successfully process Feature Readers - but then will not work on my server install.

B.) Use the older FME desktop install that will successfully publish to server, but will not successfully load features via the feature reader?

c.) Beg my cio to install a newer version of server to fix these problems.

I'm guessing that C is my only real option at this point?

Terribly sorry to bug you!

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 2.16.21 PM

@hollyatsafe​ That's a good question, Holly! Thanks for responding. I have tried to run it on FME desktop v2020.0.3.0

However, when I use that version I get an entirely *different* problem with feature readers. In that version I find that FME desktop spins and spins, but will never actually load the features into my workspace. I get this message that says "Reading Dataset" that never goes away (see image). I'm trying to load a small dataset with only 60 simple shapes, nothing wild. So, it seems like I'm stuck? I can either

A.) use a new version of FME desktop that will successfully process Feature Readers - but then will not work on my server install.

B.) Use the older FME desktop install that will successfully publish to server, but will not successfully load features via the feature reader?

c.) Beg my cio to install a newer version of server to fix these problems.

I'm guessing that C is my only real option at this point?

Terribly sorry to bug you!

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 2.16.21 PM

@pmwingard​ ,

Eek, that's not good. Do you get that 'Reading Dataset' spinning with other datasets or just one? I'll get a hold of that version and see if I hit the same issue to see what might be going on.

Before we resort to looking to upgrade your FME Server I wonder if you would be able to try downloading and testing the exact same build of FME Desktop? Previously, in my testing with the workspace that you provided this was successful.

https://downloads.safe.com/fme/2020/fme-desktop-2020.1.0.1-b20596-win-x86.msi