Solved

Error Opening Path Reader on folder

• 18 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +15

I have published a workspace to FME Flow. When I run it in FME Flow, I get this error in the log file: 

Path Reader: Error opening the PATH Reader on folder '\\\\myservername\\T_DFshared\\FME Workflow\\All Reports to Folder5'. Could not find folder.

I checked and the server where the folder resides can communicate with the server that FME Flow is installed on.

The folder does indeed exist and has the files used in the workspace in it.

The workspace published from FME Form starts with a Directory and Pathnames Reader and runs with no errors in FME Form.

Could this error be caused by the spaces in the folder names in the UNC path shown above or could something else be causing this error?

icon

Best answer by hkingsbury 19 October 2023, 21:16

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Its quite possible that whilst the machines are allowed to 'talk' the account running FME Flow does not have access to that folder. By default the account that runs FME is a local account on the machine its installed on.

You may need to change that to a network level account and set the appropriate permissions

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME-Flow/AdminGuide/Running_System_Services_Under_Different_Accounts.htm