Skip to main content

Event Description: Error was recorded in fmeserver.log file.

Event Title: Error Logs

This also keeps on repeating:

Event Description: Error was recorded in fmeserver.log file.

Event Title: Error Logs

Message: FME Server license does not allow more than maximum of 1 FME Engine(s).

If this is a standard Express installation of FME Server it may be trying to spin up a second engine that your license doesn't allow for. Check the number of engines you have specified in the Engines & Licensing section of the UI, if it's 2 set it back down to 1.

Ah! That did the trick.

I encountered the same problem. I have system events like:

Message: FME Server license does not allow more than maximum of 4 FME Engine(s).

multiple times a day. I’m using system events in my automation and I have to filter engine messages out from “real” errors. I have deployed fme server in kubernetes but we don’t have any auto-scaling features enabled for fme-nodes. All engines and jobs seem to work correctly and license and engine deployment ui shows 4 engines as they should. What could be the reason for the messages?

Hi @jnknnn !

Can you try the following steps:

1. Set the Engine Count down to 0
  2. Wait for all Engines to disappear from the Active Engines
  3. Bring the Engine Count back up to 4

If that doesn’t work, feel free to submit a case with our support team to troubleshoot further.

-Bailey

@Baileyat

I assume setting the engine count from Engine Management > Engines > Hosts are feature only in the newer versions of fmeserver since I can’t find it (or not available in kubernetes version of fmeserver)? We are using fmeserver 2021 still. I could scale down the engine machines from kubernetes to zero and then back to 4 which would terminate current engines and create new engines from scratch. However, that would be bit of a hassle since it should be done in production environment.

Engine count can be found in server 2021 under ADMIN → Engine Management → Engines → Hosts.

Engine Management → Engines shows Total active engines: 4 as it should. I dont see Hosts -option