Solved

BackupConfiguration.fmw "Unable to retrieve backup from FME Server..."

Badge +7

Hi all, I have done some searching for a solution but I have come up empty handed thus far, I am hoping someone can assist.

I am running the stock standard backupConfiguration.fmw that comes out of the box with FME Server, but each time I try to run it, I am getting the below error:

60	2022-6-15 08:03:49 | HTTPCaller (HTTPFactory): An error occurred while accessing the URL 'https://PANDORA:443/fmerest/v3/migration/backup/download'
61 2022-6-15 08:03:49 | The below feature caused the translation to be terminated
83 2022-6-15 08:03:49 | Terminator (TestFactory): Terminator: Termination Message: 'Unable to retrieve backup from FME Server `https://PANDORA:443' Please ensure that the credentials are correct and that user `benva' has fmesuperuser role. The error was: HTTP/1.1 401.'
84 2022-6-15 08:03:49 | HTTPCaller (HTTPFactory): Termination Message: '%0'
85 2022-6-15 08:03:49 | Creator_XML_Creator (CreationFactory): Terminator: Termination Message: 'Unable to retrieve backup from FME Server `https://PANDORA:443' Please ensure that the credentials are correct and that user `benva' has fmesuperuser role. The error was: HTTP/1.1 401.'

I have now confirmed that the user benva is fmesuperuser:

benva user management screen 

And then I have confirmed that we have not made any changes to the superuser role, this still has access to 'all permissions':

fmesuperuser role 

I then open the workspace on the server and run it manually (i enter my username and password) and it works fine.

run manually 

But opening the scheduled task, entering username/password and pressing 'trigger' it fails....

I am stumped as to what else I can check, the log seems to only indicate that the role is the issue.... 

Any thoughts/ideas?

Log file attached

icon

Best answer by richardatsafe 16 June 2022, 20:22

View original

4 replies

Badge +10

Hi @benvk​ ,

Unfortunately, this looks like a bug where the password parameter might not be picked up correctly, which I will have fixed. In the mean-time would you be able to confirm that creating a new schedule that runs the backupConfiguration.fmw works? Thank you for letting us know about this issue.

Badge +7

Hi @benvk​ ,

Unfortunately, this looks like a bug where the password parameter might not be picked up correctly, which I will have fixed. In the mean-time would you be able to confirm that creating a new schedule that runs the backupConfiguration.fmw works? Thank you for letting us know about this issue.

Sorry @richardatsafe​ I just logged in and realised I never responded to your question!

I can confirm creating a new schedule did allow the workspace to run without issue.

Thank you for your help.

Sorry @richardatsafe​ I just logged in and realised I never responded to your question!

I can confirm creating a new schedule did allow the workspace to run without issue.

Thank you for your help.

This worked for me too

Thanks

let us know when the bug is fixed

Badge +10

Hi @stevetaylor​ ,

This is fixed in FME Server 2022.0 onwards.