Question

2023: Deployment parameters for CI/CD

• 30 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +8

We are looking at automated deployment options for publishing to FME Flow/Server via Azure pipelines.

Has anyone else carried out any prototyping with the new deployment parameters in 2023?

I'm trying to figure out if a 2023 upgrade will be essential to proceeding with automated deployment for us? Or do we go with a small step now in 2022, deploying projects via Azure pipelines and perhaps manually changing the connections in Server (ugly - but a step in the right direction).

I've had a look at these posts: Post 1, Post 2

These seem to say that there are/were issues with Projects and that hacking was needed to get it up and running.

Is this something that will be alleviated with Flow/Server 2023?

Thanks,

Annette

Stedin, Rotterdam

2 replies

Badge +8
  • So we have an Azure pipeline now that brings a project from one environment to another.
  • Connections we are handling via a workaround (schedule the workspace and replace text in the published parameters - very ugly but simple until we upgrade to 2023)
  • I've tested the deployment parameters in 2023 for Microsoft SQL Server Non spatial and SQL Server SDE (file path) and it looks good. This will be the way to go once we are upgraded.
  • We'd really love to see the deployment parameters being extended to Apps. See webinar from 23.30 minutes. Any chance @Dale Lutz​ that the deployment parameters for Apps will be available in the 2023.1 release to get a fully automated deployment? 🙏

Annette, Stedin, Rotterdam

Badge
  • So we have an Azure pipeline now that brings a project from one environment to another.
  • Connections we are handling via a workaround (schedule the workspace and replace text in the published parameters - very ugly but simple until we upgrade to 2023)
  • I've tested the deployment parameters in 2023 for Microsoft SQL Server Non spatial and SQL Server SDE (file path) and it looks good. This will be the way to go once we are upgraded.
  • We'd really love to see the deployment parameters being extended to Apps. See webinar from 23.30 minutes. Any chance @Dale Lutz​ that the deployment parameters for Apps will be available in the 2023.1 release to get a fully automated deployment? 🙏

Annette, Stedin, Rotterdam

Thanks for the update. I am glad I found your post. I was searching for this https://studyclerk.com/ website because I want to hire an essay writer who can help me with my assignments and I found that website very useful for me because they have good reviews as compared to others.