Solved

Is there any FME Python API for 3D Reprojection?

• 26 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

I tried the FMEFeature.reproject(coordSys) method but it can do only 2D reprojection. I want to do reprojection using Python only not with any transformer like EsriReprojector or CSmap.

icon

Best answer by danminneyatsaf 2 April 2024, 18:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi @rishi1804​ at the moment the FME Python API only allows for 2D Reprojection. I expect that the FMEFeature.reproject(coordSys) method uses the same underlying function as the Reprojector transformer in FME which also does not support vertical reprojections at the moment.

If this is is something you'd like to see added to the FME Python API, then I suggest creating an idea on our Ideas Page to gather votes from other users who may also be interested in the same functionality.

Hope this provides some more clarity.

Dan

Badge +4

Hi @danminneyatsaf can you please confirm that fmeobjects.FMEReprojector is also for 2D reprojection only and there is no way to support vertical reprojection using python APIs right now? I need a reprojector or any API which can accept vertical crs and reproject the feature. I am using CSMapReprojector and it works well for some cases but the issue is it doesn’t accept crs there are just vertical handling options

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi @rishi1804, apologies for the delayed reply as I was out of office. I confirmed with our development team that the API options would contain the same limitations as the Reprojector transformer. In which case, 3D reprojections are not supported with the FME Objects API.