Question

How do I attach and send the log file of a workspace using Emailer in Form?

• 6 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I have workspace that's using Creator, Workspace Runner and Emailer to run a parent workspace. I would like to attach the log file to both the Successful and Failure emails?Screenshot 2023-12-06 132127

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

In your child workspace, you can link the log location to a parameter. This will then expose a parameter in the WorkspaceRunner that specifies the log locationimage 

Then in your parent workspace, you can specify the log file name and location which can then be passed to the child workspace and also passed into the Emailer as the attachment

Badge +2

Thanks @hkingsbury . I am able to send a logfile now.  However I still have an issue.  I now get an email notification the minute the workspace runner starts with the last run’s logfile.  For example, I have an “ALI Update” Workspace (parent), that is run by “ALI Update Workspace Runner” (child) through Windows task scheduler using a .bat file at 8 AM everyday.  At 8 AM I immediately get a success message with yesterdays logfile.  This workspace takes about 20 minutes to run. How do I get email notification after the workspace has finished running with the current log file?

Userlevel 3
Badge +18

hi @kmc5678 just to be sure, have you set this setting to yes in the workspacerunner? I think it’s necessary in the scenario you’re describing

Badge +2

Thank you @becchr ! Exactly what I was missing.