Question

Hi, I'm prepared my fme as the picture attach. I use the transformer Offsetter to change the Z value. My sequence of the Z value is 0.01, 0.02, 0.03 etc. Can i know how to define Z offset based on requirement that I have been mention.

• 10 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi, I'm prepared my fme as the picture attach. I use the transformer Offsetter to change the Z value. My sequence of the Z value is 0.01, 0.02, 0.03 etc. Can i know how to define Z offset based on requirement that I have been mention.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @norafizahmkamil​, you'll need to use the Enable Adjacent Feature Attributes function which can be found in the AttributeManager. This will allow you populate your Z values based on the value preceeding it, or in your case, it will add 0.01 to the previous value.

After you add an AttributeManager, check the Enable Adjacent Feature Attributes box and ensure that Number of Prior Features is set to 1. Then, in the Value field of your "Z (Meters)" attribute, open the Arithmetic Editor and input @sum(@Value(feature[-1].Z (Meters)),0.01). (Feel free to adjust this as needed, but this should be essentially what you'll need to input).

imageThe result: imageIn your Offsetter, you can then set the Z Offset to "Z (Meters)".

imageI hope this helps and please let me know if you have any questions!

Hi @norafizahmkamil​, you'll need to use the Enable Adjacent Feature Attributes function which can be found in the AttributeManager. This will allow you populate your Z values based on the value preceeding it, or in your case, it will add 0.01 to the previous value.

After you add an AttributeManager, check the Enable Adjacent Feature Attributes box and ensure that Number of Prior Features is set to 1. Then, in the Value field of your "Z (Meters)" attribute, open the Arithmetic Editor and input @sum(@Value(feature[-1].Z (Meters)),0.01). (Feel free to adjust this as needed, but this should be essentially what you'll need to input).

imageThe result: imageIn your Offsetter, you can then set the Z Offset to "Z (Meters)".

Sorry can I ask something. Did i need to add new field "Z (Meters)? I'm still in progress to test it.

Hi @saraatsafe​ . I test it based on your advice.. It's going well. Thank you very much . But I have one question. The Z value as shown below is in same xy coordinate. Can we set the Z value starts from 0.01 for same xy coordinate.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @saraatsafe​ . I test it based on your advice.. It's going well. Thank you very much . But I have one question. The Z value as shown below is in same xy coordinate. Can we set the Z value starts from 0.01 for same xy coordinate.

Hi @norafizahmkamil​, you don't need to create a Z (Meters) field; this is just whatever field you have your Z values stored in. As for setting the first Z value, you can try using a Tester to isolate your first feature, and then an Attribute Manager to set that value to 0.01. Then you can connect this to that original AttributeManager with the @sum(@Value(feature[-1].Z (Meters)),0.01) equation.

Please see the below screenshot:

imageI hope this helps!

Thank you sara