Question

Hi, I am trying to convert some images stored in base64 format to .jpg images. I have uploaded data to canvas as Reader - .csv format, Transformer - TextDncoder Write - .jpg format Can someone help me out to set up the process Thanks Ke

• 15 December 2020
  • 6 replies

FME01 

6 replies

Userlevel 5

First, in the TextDecoder you must select the character encoding fme-binary. Secondly, rather than using the JPEG writer, use an AttributeFileWriter with fme-binary as the target encoding.

Thanks David,

I am trying with the TextDecorder with character encoding with fme-binay and the AttributeFileWriter. But I have no idea how to get the target image without a jpg writer.

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

Thanks David,

I am trying with the TextDecorder with character encoding with fme-binay and the AttributeFileWriter. But I have no idea how to get the target image without a jpg writer.

The AttributeFileWriter creates the target image, in this example an image called example.jpg

Capture 

Thanks David,

Badge +3

@david_r  spent all day working through a solution to find this. You’ll be pleased to know 3 years later its still very useful! 

Userlevel 5

@david_r  spent all day working through a solution to find this. You’ll be pleased to know 3 years later its still very useful! 

Thanks for the kind feedback, glad to hear!