Question

Esri Geodatabase (ArcSDE geodb) readers gives an error only on FME server. (The item does not have a definition.)

• 9 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

With FME I want to read a sde geodatabase. (feature class). For this I use the reader: “Esri Geodatabase (ArcSDE geodb)”. Until recently this worked. With ArcGis Pro an Attribute rule has been created for 1 field and since then the reader no longer works if the workspace is on FME server. If the workspace is run in FME desktop (not FME server) the reader will still work properly. The message I get when the workspace is running on FME server is: An error occurred while attempting to open the table, feature class or relationship class 'My_TABLE'. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147211773'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {The item does not have a definition.}

What could be the cause of this. FME server and FME Desktop are the same version.

Greatings, Hans

4 replies

Badge +8

Hi @fme_hans​ ArcGIS Pro annotation would require FME Server to have ArcGIS Pro license configured.

Can you confirm if your FME Engine is running under an account that have access to ArcGIS Pro licenses?

If not, please confirm that you have ArcGIS Pro installed and licensed to be used on FME Server machine.

ArcGIS Pro annotation can not be read using ArcGIS Server or Esri ArcGIS Desktop license.

Badge +3

Hi,

we are looking into it. Thanks.

Badge

Hi, I am having the same issue. The workspace was previously running fine on fme server but when I added an attribute rule to the feature class, I got the same error number '-2147211773'. Are you able to resolve this issue?

Badge +9

Hi @cldnbcs08

This is probably better off as a support case. You can file a support case here: https://support.safe.com/s/submit-case

My best guess is there is some kind of conflict between the versions of ESRI software used or perhaps FME is pulling the wrong license if you have multiple ESRI applications installed. 

A past case with error was resolved when the user realized that FME was actually pulling an ArcGIS Desktop license instead of the Pro license.