Question

"Unauthorized request by user due to lack of proper permissions" But only on one engine

  • 3 August 2023
  • 4 replies
  • 45 views

I am getting the "Unauthorized request by user due to lack of proper permissions", none of the provided examples seems to be applicable as it should be engine agnostic, and I can run it on one of the two availible engines..

 

It is a simple "Read table from oracle database" -> "Write table to different oracle database"

 

Running on a schedule it chooses Engine1 where I get the following error

"FME Server error: `FME Server error: `Unauthorized request by user due to lack of proper permissions for connection: ODB . Please see: http://fme.ly/zn8'"

 

It connects to said ODB and then connects to ODB2 and then does nothing.

 

Manual run, it chooses Engine2: Connects and reads from ODB, then writes to ODB2


4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Can you perhaps expand a little on what you're trying to do specifically? how are you deciding which engine 'it' should run on?

Can you perhaps expand a little on what you're trying to do specifically? how are you deciding which engine 'it' should run on?

I have updated the original post to include more information.

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

I have updated the original post to include more information.

Can you confirm that the owner of the schedule and the user you're using to run manually are the same user?

 

How is the connection chosen? is it fixed in the workspace or is it configurable as a published parameter?

I have updated the original post to include more information.

It has been very unfortunate, through pure frustration I had been triggering the workbook outside the scheduler, and it worked. However, triggering the schedule reproduced the error. So I deleted the scheduler and recreated and it seems to work. So i can't really figure out what failed.

I suspect the reuse of an old scheduler didnt remove some "data" that the schedule kept posting via FME, after the workbook had changed its published/non-published parameters. This resultet in giving me an error unrelated to what was actually wrong.

 

And by chance it kept trying to run on Engine1 for schedule and Engine2 for starting the workbook manually.

Reply