Skip to main content
Question

FME Server Installation

• 1 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Planning to upgrade the OS 

After that, How to setup the FME server and configure it ?

How to Migrate the Existing FME server to New machine?

How to move forward with new machine?

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @gopinath619geo 

The information you seek is in our documentation and I’ve included links below.

One comment, if the system you are planning to upgrade the OS on is where the active FME Server is installed, be sure to take a backup before starting that. I don’t know the OS you are starting with but there could be issues encountered with applications installed on the system with OS upgrades.  Please review Backup and Restore Documentation.

Please review our Upgrading Documentation for upgrade process.  Basically you will install the new version on the new system and restore the backup for the old version of FME Server.  

Hope this answers the uncertainties you might have. 

Was there something more precise you were looking for?

Badge +3

Hi Safer,

Thanks for the information. we can able to use the same license to Existing FME server and new os upgrade machine FME server? or Need to raise new license request?

Regards,

Gopinath

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi Safer,

Thanks for the information. we can able to use the same license to Existing FME server and new os upgrade machine FME server? or Need to raise new license request?

Regards,

Gopinath

Hi @gopinath619geo

When changing over to a new machine, if using the automatic licensing method, when you enter your serial number the licensing server will automatically generate a new license for that machine. If you have any issues, you can contact codes@safe.com for help.

Badge +3

Hi Safer,

Thanks, it will be helpful for me.

Is it possible to install the FME server 2019.2 version in Windows server 2019 OS.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi @gopinath619geo,

Unfortunately FME’s official support for Windows Server 2019 starts at FME 2020.0. You can still attempt to install on Windows Server 2019 but we cannot guarantee it will work and no longer provide customer support for FME 2019.x products. You can find more information on our Legacy Technical Specifications page.