Skip to main content
Question

FME Flow 2023 GDB/GPKG writter with fanout expression not working

• 1 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Does the fanout expression is available on FME FLOW 2023 ?

My FME Workbench works well on FME Server 2020, but on FME Flow, I got an error that mention that I don’t have the permission to write in the specific folder, but I have that permission. 

For example, the Destination Fanout is $(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DATA)/temp and the Fanout Expression is /gpkg/test_@Value(attribut).gpkg.zip. I got this error message:

MULTI_WRITER: Failed to create folder '/gpkg/test_hello.gpkg.zip'. Please ensure you have sufficient permissions to create this folder

It seems like Destination Fanout is not taken into account.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Do you get the same error if you run it without the .zip at the end?

Badge +1

Do you get the same error if you run it without the .zip at the end?

Thanks for your answer. I get the same error when I run it without the .zip at the end. 

I was able to write the GPKG with Feature Writer. I created an attribute that combines $(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DATA)/temp and /gpkg/test_@Value(attribute).gpkg.zip and use this attribute as 'dataset' in the Feature Writer.

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Well, that is certainly odd though I am glad that the FeatureWriter method is working. Have you tried moving the /temp down to the fanout?

Badge +1

Well, that is certainly odd though I am glad that the FeatureWriter method is working. Have you tried moving the /temp down to the fanout?

I got the same error

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

I got the same error

Hmm, you may want to reach out for a support ticket.