Solved

Emailer Not Sending Full Zip File

• 22 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

I have a process which creates 4 asc files, and then sends them to a zipped file. 

At the end of this process, this file is to be emailed. I have an attribute creator which creates the file name as ‘attachment’, as it does contain dynamic elements, before using that attribute as the attachment field in the emailer. 

When i run it on my local computer, it works perfectly fine, and I get an email with all four files zipped. However, when i run it on FME server, the zip file only contains 1 of the four. Regardless if the files have content or not, they should all write to the folder, and then do, i can see in the fmeserver directory, that all 4 files have been zipped up, but when it is emailed, it just seems to delete three of them. The sampler is there so it only sends one email, but the attribute creator refers to the zipped file, which is created in the system caller, so all four should be sent. 

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 22 April 2024, 12:54

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

How is the sampler configured? First 1 or Last 1?

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

I wonder if the Sampler is already letting feature #1 through while the SystemCaller is still working on file #2. Can you try inserting a FeatureHolder between the SystemCaller and the Sampler? This will have the effect of the processing waiting until all 4 files have been zipped.

Badge +2

How is the sampler configured? First 1 or Last 1?

First - i see my issue….

Badge +2

I wonder if the Sampler is already letting feature #1 through while the SystemCaller is still working on file #2. Can you try inserting a FeatureHolder between the SystemCaller and the Sampler? This will have the effect of the processing waiting until all 4 files have been zipped.

Thank you so much, such an obvious solution….I wonder why it worked locally though, and not on FME Flow? I assume that the server was just fast at processing the features!

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

Thank you so much, such an obvious solution….I wonder why it worked locally though, and not on FME Flow? I assume that the server was just fast at processing the features!

Yeah, that may be it. A timing issue.