Skip to main content

Hi,

I'm trying to write a landXML file for import in Civil3D. I have used the template from an old article that writes the metadata. I can get out a file that contains the geometry and the metadata but it won't load in Civil 3D.

I have no idea how to get it to work and I have never found anyone that got it to work either in real life or on the internet. Why is documentation so scarce? It seems most people even from Safe only provides half answers on any of the prior threads on this issue.

Thanks!

/Jacob

I solved it now, I'll post the solution in here later when I find a more elegant solution.

The solution is basically to use the template from the article that specifies all the meta-data. To write the geometry you add a writer with the feature name "Surface" and create attributes for "Name" and "State". Name can be whatever and you can have multiple surfaces. State value needs to be set to "existing" for Civil3D to show it.

The solution is basically to use the template from the article that specifies all the meta-data. To write the geometry you add a writer with the feature name "Surface" and create attributes for "Name" and "State". Name can be whatever and you can have multiple surfaces. State value needs to be set to "existing" for Civil3D to show it.

Thank you very much for this usefull tip !!!