Skip to main content

Hi all, I've been asked to read a WMS which starts with a regular looking URL, which then forwards to a URL which is proving difficult.

The URL looks as follows -

http://<url>.co.uk/WMS/MS/7.2.1/mapserv.exe?map=D:\\Websites\\<service>\\Services\\WMSSHARE\\map\\Layers.map&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1

The part that's giving me trouble is where the D:\\ is. I've tried enclosing the URL in speechmarks and using a pythonCaller to workaround this, but so far I've had no luck. I managed to get the URL changed once, but it just forwards to this one, which is causing issues.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Convention is to use so-called URL-encoding on all parameters, in particular ":" is not allowed used unencoded in a URL parameter. You can try using a TextEncoder in mode "URL (Percent encoding)" on the value side of each parameter, so that you get 

...?map=D%3A%5CWebsites%5C%3Cservice%3E%5CServices%5CWMSSHARE%5Cmap%5CLayers.map&...

Convention is to use so-called URL-encoding on all parameters, in particular ":" is not allowed used unencoded in a URL parameter. You can try using a TextEncoder in mode "URL (Percent encoding)" on the value side of each parameter, so that you get 

...?map=D%3A%5CWebsites%5C%3Cservice%3E%5CServices%5CWMSSHARE%5Cmap%5CLayers.map&...

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply, but still no luck. I feel I may have to go back to the person who's hosting the URL and see if I can get that colon removed.