Question

What might actually be causing the GlobalID-related error I am getting from the ArcGIS Online Feature Service Writer?

• 17 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I am getting the following error when I use the ArcGIS Online Feature Service Writer:

"ArcGIS Online Feature Service Writer: Multiple Global IDs defined for feature type 'd_y_n'. This is not permitted."

I am trying to copy the data from one ArcGIS Online (AGOL) hosted feature layer to another hosted feature layer with the identical schema. The source is a view-only feature layer, and the target is an editable, blank duplicate of the source. The target has hasVersionData=false and supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIDs=true. All layers with attachments have global IDs defined and all attachment relationships are defined to use GlobalIDs as keys. In the Writer parameters, I have tried Use Global IDs=No and also UseGlobal IDs=Yes and Preserve Global IDs=Yes. I still get the same error with either of these cases.

What might be going on here? I can't say I really know what the error is getting at. Might the problem be that there is at least one table that is related to two other parents so that it has two global ID fields that hold foreign keys? Thanks for any help at all that anyone can offer. As seems aften to be the case, I am staring a deadline in the face and am at a loss as how to proceed.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello there @tcrossman​, thanks for posting! We may need to see the workspace to get a better idea of what is going on! Would you be able to submit a support case with us please? When you create the support request, please include a copy of your workspace, a full logfile, and if any relationship classes involved. Happy to help, Kailin.