Skip to main content

Trying to make my life easier by setting up some Database connections in FME Server to help with updating workspaces, as I'm having to repoint them to a new SQL Server instance. So I'm trying to set up a named SQL Server connection using Windows Authentication. As expected, user and password fields are greyed out. But when I click on "OK", I'm prompted "PASSWORD is required". What am I doing wrong? Bug?

Hi @agelfert,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I would agree this is a bug, until fixed I think you will need to create your Database Connections in FME Desktop and then publish them up to FME Server (Option 2 here).

My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. I have filed FMESERVER-13360 and will update this post when there is a resolution.

Hi @agelfert,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I would agree this is a bug, until fixed I think you will need to create your Database Connections in FME Desktop and then publish them up to FME Server (Option 2 here).

My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. I have filed FMESERVER-13360 and will update this post when there is a resolution.

Ok, Holly, thanks for the heads up. I'll have to do it via Desktop. Let me know when it's going to be fixed.

Ok, Holly, thanks for the heads up. I'll have to do it via Desktop. Let me know when it's going to be fixed.

Hi @agelfert,

Just to let you know this has been fixed for 2019.2.