Skip to main content

i have shape file. it has named as roads.what i want need a. design file.how to name the same of the shape file.

no additional attributes want just conversion is enough.i also do shape to shape conversion the names..

please anyone help

Thanks in Advance

The name of the shape file will be in the attribute fme_feature_type. You need to expose that on the reader feature type and can use it on the writer feature type to define the name of the output (DGN) feature type.

Another (faster) way of doing this is:

Start a new workspace, choose Generate Workspace and choose at the bottom (after defining reader and writer) for "single merged feature type".

That should get you the same result.

The name of the shape file will be in the attribute fme_feature_type. You need to expose that on the reader feature type and can use it on the writer feature type to define the name of the output (DGN) feature type.

Another (faster) way of doing this is:

Start a new workspace, choose Generate Workspace and choose at the bottom (after defining reader and writer) for "single merged feature type".

That should get you the same result.

I think "dynamic" is the label on that dialog (not single merged feature type) but that's good advice anyway.

Still have the same problem.just iwant the same name of the output.

plz find the attachment.

road-1.jpg fme.jpg

road-1.jpg my shapefile name.

Still have the same problem.just iwant the same name of the output.

plz find the attachment.

road-1.jpg fme.jpg

road-1.jpg my shapefile name.

If you intend to use the dynamic settings you will need to check in the dynamic properties box on the writer, this way the name of your output will originate form your input

OK, the reason it isn't the same by default is that FME considers each Shape file to be a separate layer (we call them feature types) so it becomes a new layer in the DGN file, not a new DGN file.

To get the same name use a dataset fanout. Basically locate the writer in the Navigator window, set the Dataset Fanout parameter to yes, and select the fme_feature_type attribute (which you may need to expose first).

I created a short movie that demonstrates the technique:

http://screencast.com/t/UFqnVqquaQr

OK, the reason it isn't the same by default is that FME considers each Shape file to be a separate layer (we call them feature types) so it becomes a new layer in the DGN file, not a new DGN file.

To get the same name use a dataset fanout. Basically locate the writer in the Navigator window, set the Dataset Fanout parameter to yes, and select the fme_feature_type attribute (which you may need to expose first).

I created a short movie that demonstrates the technique:

http://screencast.com/t/UFqnVqquaQr

Thanks.its working