Skip to main content

Hi,

I have an excel reader and i convert that to a shape file, which will then be published as a feature service to ArcGIS portal. I will be using this workspace multiple times and will be using new excels each time. My problem is that when i add a new excel the parameters previously specified for the excel before it do not stay the same (i need to specify x and y coordinates).

So when i publish my data to a Portal feature service, my points do not appear on the map but they are in the attribute table.

Is there anything I can do that will just set the parameters for me each time? so i dont have to add a new excel reader and specify x and y coordinates as the data type each time?

I just want to be able to click run with prompt and then select my excel then.

Thanks in advance for your help

You could save the settings as default. (FeatureReader, configure then Defaults, Save as defaults.)

As an alternative you could save the FeatureReader configured this way in a custom transformer. I would prefer this as I have another default for the FeatureReader. This would be a more elegant solution anyway, using a Published Parameter (Filename Existing) to select the file.

You could save the settings as default. (FeatureReader, configure then Defaults, Save as defaults.)

As an alternative you could save the FeatureReader configured this way in a custom transformer. I would prefer this as I have another default for the FeatureReader. This would be a more elegant solution anyway, using a Published Parameter (Filename Existing) to select the file.

Thankyou @neilsgerrits, I went with your alternative option!Really appreciate the help!

Good solution @nielsgerrits

See this idea. https://knowledge.safe.com/idea/22577/add-option-to-save-as-default-to-writers.html

It was for writers, but could apply equally to readers.

Hi @mroche162,

You can also set the parameter in the ehe Excel Reader for how to handle additional files. You can find this under Advanced > Additional File Handling and set it to "Apply Current Settings to Additional Files"

Hope this helps too!