Skip to main content
Solved

SDE to SHP - Loop through txt file and re-projecting

• 25 January 2013
  • 1 reply

Hi All, 

Just wondering if anyone can help me out. I'm looking at pulling a single SDE layer and re-projecting it through FME workbench. I will be fanning the output dataset by province (BC,AB,SK) and each province will have 2 or 3 projections (LL27,LL83,UTM, etc...) .

I am trying to figure out the best way to approach this. The SDE layer is large so I know the processing time may suffer a bit. I was thinking about creating a batch process and looping through a .txt file containing a list of provinces & projections to run the workbench. The batch process looks like this:

BATCH

FOR /F "tokens=1,2,3 delims=," %%A IN (reproject.txt) DO fme <workspacename>.fmw --<fme_projection> <projection> --<provincename> <province>

MY BASIC FME WORKBENCH FLOW:

SDE > ATTRIBUTE FILTER >SOME OTHER TRANSFORMATIONS> STRING CONCATINATOR (create file name)>OUTPUT (shp) 

Any suggestions and/or feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

If many provinces: Use 2 FME workspaces. The first one for loading the provinces and bounding box. The bounding box and name of province and geometry of province then gets loaded to second workspace to do the processing. This way you can do one workspace per processor. 

Regarding reprojector you might want to reproject first to the output coordinate system, and then send this bounding box to the second workspace.