Skip to main content

Hi,

I don't know much about FME, but there is no ESRI support for S57 Data to get a GDB without getting more expensive Tools. So I found a model of FME Workbench from rylanatsafe (https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/570/s-57-enc-hydrographic-data-format.html)

But when I run that model,I get the Error:

"Could not create a GEODATABASE_MDB writer. Personal geodatabases are not supported with 64-bit versions of FME and ArcGIS. Plugin 'GEODATABASE_MDB' was loaded, but a writer could not be created. Error was #1: A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details"

Is there any way out? So I need the s57 Data as a GDB with the symbologie of s57 data. (ENC)

Thanks for attention.

Have you tried running with a 32 bit version of FME?

@jangrosser There are many flavours of Geodatabase supported by FME. The FME GEODATABASE_MDB is the old MS Access based Personal Geodatabase - and only supported under 32bit FME. In the modern world you would probably want to use a File Geodatabase or Enterprise (ArcSDE) Geodatabase. In all cases (with the exception of Esri Geodatabase (File Geodb Open API) Reader/Writer) you will need an Esri license.

Before ploughing into this project I would suggest you run through some introductory FME training and also the on-line Tutorial: Getting Started with Geodatabase. Even better, contact your local reseller for training and support.

Symbology: S-57 files (*.000) do not inherently have symbology. It is the S-57 display applications that define the symbology - for example. It is the same in ArcGIS. So you'll either have to obtain or define your own S57 symbol set for ArcGIS.

I've updated the example workspace for File Geodatabase and FME 2019.2: S-57 to ESRI Geodb 2019.fmwt

Hi,

thanks a lot. I tied the way with FME 32 Bit, it runs, but not this is not my solution. So I will do the way of markatsafe. When I cant get the symbologie from S57 I need to do it with an other try.

Thanks both of you.