Skip to main content

Is there any workaround to export 3d pipes from revit to postgis 3d? I installed the fme plugin to revit and exported into ifc with various options on but none of the exported files contained (or at least I couldnt find). My and goal is to export 3d pipes with various attributes + the 3d geom into postresql/postgis and visualize it in augmented reality (augment . net) Could you provide me some help how can I export pipes from revit to postgis 3d?

*but none of the exported files contained the pipes

Do you have some sample data? For instance one pipe that you have exported with the FME plugin?

Do you have some sample data? For instance one pipe that you have exported with the FME plugin?

Hi, I asked my colleague to export a small section of our revit file. The pipes and cables would goes in postgis 3d. I hope this can be achievable with FME. The revit file is a 2014 version and the coordinates are refer to OSGB36. The and result would be a database table like (id, type, dia, material/colorcode, 3d geom) l-c8bctmp.png l-9aactmp.png

You can find the file here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx5aRkL3VJOOWHRHZEdyOExXcXM/view?usp=sharing

Hi, could you provide me some idea, what can be the problem, or where should I start to make it work?

Thanks

The problem is in the FME's Revit reader's Data Views - none of them is set up to handle Pipe data in Revit. We will be updating these data views now that we have some sample data, but in the meantime FME's IFC reader will be able to read the Pipe data for you.

The Revit reader is essentially an IFC reader with the Data Views to allow simplifying and filtering the source data for easier conversion to other formats.

So far we have only seen architectural Revit examples, and so the Data Views are limited to those features. If you would like to provide us with a wider variety of Revit data, it would be greatly appreciated, and would help us improve the Data Views.