Skip to main content

Hello, I was wondering if there is any way I can save a report from SQL Reporting Service into a shapefile? This lit building report has lat/lon and If I can grab from one of the formats it exports and then convert to a point shapefile, that would be my end goal. I have tried saving the excel using HTTPCaller to a folder then writing that to shapefile, but it has not been able to get the file. Is there another way that I should be going about this if it is possible? I would most likely not be able to get access to the backend database due to IT Assurance.

Excel looks like it would be the most promising option. If the Latitude and Longitude columns are in the file you can use a VertexCreator to create points and write them to a Shapefile.

However, if you can't get access to the file it's all a bit moot (assuming you don't want to manually export and save the excel every time)

Excel looks like it would be the most promising option. If the Latitude and Longitude columns are in the file you can use a VertexCreator to create points and write them to a Shapefile.

However, if you can't get access to the file it's all a bit moot (assuming you don't want to manually export and save the excel every time)

OK, the excel reader worked, what I was missing was having it use my windows sign on credentials to pull the file! Thank you!