Skip to main content

Hi,

Can somebody who speaks French reach out to @ferjanibarour (email: ferjanibarour@gmail.com), he's been asking questions here and has also contacted me directly. @david_r maybe? Or somebody French-speaking from Safe.

The problem is that his questions are very generic and I fear there's a big language barrier. I recommended him to contact Veremes but apparently he hasn't had a response yet.

Hi Hans

It's a bit of a tricky situation. Due to time constraints I don't do one-on-one support unless it's for one of our existing customers. In my experience, such support cases have a tendency to take more time than anticipated, which I find especially true for broad and/or generic questions that have a tendency to trigger more questions in rapid succession.

I think this user should contact his local FME partner, which hopefully can offer support (free or paid) or even courses in his native language. If that's not an option, I would recommend that he take a look at the list of resellers and partners in french speaking countries to see if one of them are up to the task. There are others than Veremes in France, in case they're too busy to respond.

Speaking for INSER, we would probably only do such one-on-one support on a paid basis.

Hi @redgeographics. Thank you for bringing this up. I was monitoring his content initially, however I haven't as much this week. Sorry to hear that it's been challenging to assist the user.

I think it would be best if I find out who his local partner is, and connect him with them. I will reach out to Atsuko and see if she can assist.

Thanks

Hi Hans

It's a bit of a tricky situation. Due to time constraints I don't do one-on-one support unless it's for one of our existing customers. In my experience, such support cases have a tendency to take more time than anticipated, which I find especially true for broad and/or generic questions that have a tendency to trigger more questions in rapid succession.

I think this user should contact his local FME partner, which hopefully can offer support (free or paid) or even courses in his native language. If that's not an option, I would recommend that he take a look at the list of resellers and partners in french speaking countries to see if one of them are up to the task. There are others than Veremes in France, in case they're too busy to respond.

Speaking for INSER, we would probably only do such one-on-one support on a paid basis.

I didn't mean to imply doing free support (I totally agree with you on that), my apologies if it came across like that. Primarily I was hoping somebody could point him in the right direction w.r.t. getting the support he needs.

I didn't mean to imply doing free support (I totally agree with you on that), my apologies if it came across like that. Primarily I was hoping somebody could point him in the right direction w.r.t. getting the support he needs.

No worries, Hans. Hopefully the client will get adequate help with his local partner.