Skip to main content
Is there something needed to be done on db side so that FME can read PostgreSQL Materialized views , or this is something not possible to do ?

Thanks,

Jorge Vidinha
Hi Jorge,

You should be able to read materialized views from Postgres.  I was able to to this by entering the view name into the Table List in the Add Reader dialog parameters.  But for some reason we don't see them when we get the table list. I will look into this problem further but does that help you work-around it?

Thanks 

Ken
Hi Ken,

I suspect that FME doesn't include the PostgreSQL system catalog view "pg_matviews" when listing tables ("pg_tables") and views ("pg_views") in the dialogs.

Materialized views were only introduced in PostgreSQL 9.3, so you'd need to check the version first, e.g. "select version()"

David
Hi Jorge

I filed an enhancement request to show Materialized Views in the table list of the Postgres and PostGIS readers.  Views work fine and Materilized Views can be read if you know the name and enter it manually in the dialog.

Ken
@jorge_vidinha @sigtill

This issue is resolved in FME 2016. You will see PostGIS materialized views in the table list and you can read them.

Hope this helpsKen
Ah, great - just had a too early FME2016 Beta which I tested against then I guess. Will download a newer one and try again!
Thanks Ken , good to know