Skip to main content

Hello,

anyone knows how to read STEP files which contain 3D objests? It seems that Parasolid platform is much overlooked in FME. I am not particularly fond of Parasolid, however it is quite a widespread industry standard.

Any comments are welcome.

Hi @jaro,

FME presently reads only IFC STEP files, through the IFC reader.

We do have a long term enhancement request to add support for more STEP based formats. If you would like to send me some sample data, I would be happy to add it to the request, and notify you when we have completed it.

Hi @jaro,

FME presently reads only IFC STEP files, through the IFC reader.

We do have a long term enhancement request to add support for more STEP based formats. If you would like to send me some sample data, I would be happy to add it to the request, and notify you when we have completed it.

Thank you!

I attach a link to sample file. There are many converters on the web which work well, but if it is integrated into FME workbench, it would save me a lot of effort.

Jaro

link to a sample file here

Thank you!

I attach a link to sample file. There are many converters on the web which work well, but if it is integrated into FME workbench, it would save me a lot of effort.

Jaro

link to a sample file here

Thank you for the sample file. I have added it to the request, and will notify you when we have a reader.