Skip to main content

Is Microstation Connect Version available as a reader/writer in FME and if so what version of FME?

Hi @robyn_studts,

Are you working with *.DGN files? If so, there are a couple of different readers/writers you could use depending on your Microstation file version. One is for Microstation V7 files and the other is for Microstation V8 files.

To read more about the Bentley Microstation Design Readers/Writers, please see our documentation here.

If you are looking for other Bentley Microstation formats, you can see them in the formats matrix here.

- Andrea

Hi @robyn_studts,

Are you working with *.DGN files? If so, there are a couple of different readers/writers you could use depending on your Microstation file version. One is for Microstation V7 files and the other is for Microstation V8 files.

To read more about the Bentley Microstation Design Readers/Writers, please see our documentation here.

If you are looking for other Bentley Microstation formats, you can see them in the formats matrix here.

- Andrea

Hello Andrea,

I am looking for the new "Microstation Connect" version specifically. I spoke with someone from Bentley today and they said that the Connect version is still the same file format as V8i so I will be able to use V8i for now, However If I want to take advantage of some of the new Connect attribution I will not be able to do that.

Thanks

Hi, yes support for MicroStation Connect attributes is something we are planning for a future release of FME. fyi the reference number is FMEENGINE-10288

Unfortunately I can't say when this might be implemented. There is an "idea" posted on this site to recognize this issue. It would help us prioritize it if you could go to this page and upvote it: https://knowledge.safe.com/content/idea/50653/add-support-for-dgn-item-types-in-dgn-readers-and.html