Skip to main content

Hi,

I don't find out if there is a rule to manage the execution order between a SQLExecutor and a Postgres Writer.

I want that the SQLExecutor is executed before the Writer because it makes a backup of the table before writing.

And I can't use the "SQL to run before write" field in my writer because I use feature values in my SQL instruction and this field doesn't handle feature values.

The strange thing is that in one of my Workspace the SQLExecutor is executed before the writer and in another the Writer is executed before the SQLExecutor (the second one handles far more data).

I tried to change the horizontal and vertical order of both but that doesn't change anything.

Thanks for any help,

Christian

It's really difficult to give a specific response without analyzing the workspace, but this article should be relevant:

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Workbench/Workbench/Controlling-Transformer-Flow-at-Runtime.htm

It's really difficult to give a specific response without analyzing the workspace, but this article should be relevant:

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Workbench/Workbench/Controlling-Transformer-Flow-at-Runtime.htm

Thank you very much David, meanwhile I put a FeatureHolder before the Writer and it seems to do the trick.

Even if I'm not sure it is 100% reliable...

But in your article, the "The Connection Runtime Order..." menu is a very interesting option !

The initiator port on the sql writer can be used to control features getting to the writer, e.g. by using it as the supplier in a featuremerger. However, depending on the sql being executed features can still exit this port before the execution is complete.

The initiator port on the sql writer can be used to control features getting to the writer, e.g. by using it as the supplier in a featuremerger. However, depending on the sql being executed features can still exit this port before the execution is complete.

Thanks for the advice @egomm !