Skip to main content

I am trying to do incremental updates from a secondary database (ArcSDE Geodb) because the entire original dataset is > 400k rows and times out or chokes FME. But I have tried about seven different ways and cannot get the WHERE clause to do anything meaningful (except 400 fatal error, which is maybe meaningful but not useful). If it does not fail fatally, it just brings the entire dataset in, or crashes at around 325k.

The current attempt is DATEDIFF(day,CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,PUpdated_On]) < 2  -  I also tried various permutations of  but that seems pretty clearly to not work for ESRI data (there are so many years of FME advice online, searching is a bit hazadous). ÂUpdated_On] > DATEADD(day,-1,CURRENT_TIMESTAMP) worked using SSMS to hit the secondary database directly, but seems to do nothing in FME...

I do not have any control over the source database format or view - but can confirm that iUpdated On] is ‘datetime2(7)’ not string. In Data Inspector it reads as: 20240229171944, although in SSMS it reads as 2024-02-29 17:19:44.0000000

I am using FME Workbench 2023.1.1.1

Are you reading the data in via the SDE reader or SQLExecutor?

DATEADD, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP etc won’t work with the SDE reader, but they will work via the SQLExecutor