Skip to main content

Hi all,

I have a dwg file with a lot of layers. Some of the layers are named in Latin alphabet some are not. The ones that are not are shown like this \\U+041A\\U+043E...............

I have two questions:

1. How can I see the layer names properly?

2. How can I create a list of all layers, in the format dwgname,layername and write out as csv file?

Addition:

Layer names are shown properly in autocad viewer.

1. Can you see the encoding on the attributes in FME Inspector?

2. Here is one way of solving it. Expose fme_basename. Use the sampler to get one of each pair and attribute creator to write it to new layer names and then to a CSV file.

Addition:

I mean in FME Inspector, like this

Addition:

Why do I need the attribute keeper? I can select atocad_layer only at the reader level.

I can see the non latin layers' names OK in inspector. However in WB when I select this attribute it will only output the latin layers' names.

Addition:

You do not need the AttributeKeeper. I used it to hide attributes I have in my DWG from the rest of the Workspace

See this image:

FT name = ACAD_layer.

ACAD_lyr attrib for a non latin names IS NOT output in the WB.

Even in inspector FT name is not shown properly.

Hi @garnet,

Not sure what is causing this but I wonder if you enable the Windows Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support if that will resolve the issue. You can enable this in Settings > Language > Administrative Language Settings > Change System Locale.

If that doesn't help, would you be able to share the dwg (you can remove the all of the geometry if features from the dwg file if preferred but leave the layer name)?