Skip to main content

I have an FME workspace in which input from an DWG file is read and exported into an FGBD file. I am using a dynamic FeatureWriter. For the layers, this has the following result:

If there is a layer named 'xyz', and this layer contains e.g. text, line, and point features, the FGDB writer will create three layers 'xyz_text', 'xyz_line', and 'xyz_point' for the features.

Is there any possibility to tell the FGDB writer to group the layers such that in e.g. ArcGIS Pro, all the layers 'xyz_text', 'xyz_line', and 'xyz_point' are already grouped below a parent layer/group layer 'xyz'?

Or is this something which necessarily has to be achieved by another tool, e.g. using ArcPy?

Hi @lbd-kufers​ sorry for the late response. I'm not sure this is possible because I am not sure that this is included in the GDB format, I believe groups of layer information are stored in the project file or layer package. Is this documentation what you are referring to? If so, unfortunately I do not believe this can be set within FME.

Sorry for the inconvenience.