Skip to main content

Hello,

I am trying to convert a DWG file with 12 separate solids to OBJ or DAE.

The conversion is perfect, but the output is 12 separate files - is there a way to convert it into one OBJ file?

I have just found another problem I can't resolve - in AutoCAD I have 6 layers, 2 solids in each layer.

would it be possible to export each element as a separate object? (they are grouped)

I would be grateful for some help ;)

best regards

Hi @pietrekpong, how about using the Aggregator to aggregate all the solids into a single feature then write it into an OBJ or DAE file?

Hi @pietrekpong, how about using the Aggregator to aggregate all the solids into a single feature then write it into an OBJ or DAE file?

Hello!

thank You for quick reply, bless You 🙂

I have read the FME documentation and found this feature, but I was convinced that it will merge all the objects as one. I am working on AutoCAD MAC 😢 and I could export all objects as one STL and then import them to Blender, but i want to do an assembly animation - so i need every element as separate object. It is possible with Inventor, but FME looks like could do the job, moreover, as a batch process, so much better than manually converting more than 100 models (each consisting of at least 12 individuals).

but anyway, i will try Your suggestion and for sure i will let You know! Thanks again!