Skip to main content

I wish to receive email with text from query (addresses). I am able to trigger a one time run of workspace and recieve text and notification. When i schedule same workspace i dont receive text but only notification?

Hi @steverrrino

This happens because when you run the job manually, you can select the correct service to run the workspace. When a workspace is scheduled, it runs the workspace in a different way so the workspace notifications that you're looking for, don't post the data from the writer.

To workaround this, you can schedule a job with a FMEServerJobSubmitter or HTTPCaller in. The FMEServerJobSubmitter only submits jobs to run using the Job Submitter service. If you want JobSubmitter, Data Download, Streaming then you can use the HTTPCaller to call the workspace you want via direct URL for the correct service.

Hi @steverrrino

This happens because when you run the job manually, you can select the correct service to run the workspace. When a workspace is scheduled, it runs the workspace in a different way so the workspace notifications that you're looking for, don't post the data from the writer.

To workaround this, you can schedule a job with a FMEServerJobSubmitter or HTTPCaller in. The FMEServerJobSubmitter only submits jobs to run using the Job Submitter service. If you want JobSubmitter, Data Download, Streaming then you can use the HTTPCaller to call the workspace you want via direct URL for the correct service.
ok thanks, so I would create a separate FME workspace with only HTTPCaller?

A Creator attached to a HTTPCaller should work.

If you just want to call a workspace using the job submitter service, you can use an FMEServerJobSubmitter. If you need to call the other services, a HTTPCaller and directurl would be the way to go

Hi @steverrrino

Im struggling through this. my question is:Am i creating two seperate FME workspaces? One to call my orignal workspace using FMEServerJobSubmitter and my original?

thanks again.

Im struggling through this. my question is:Am i creating two seperate FME workspaces? One to call my orignal workspace using FMEServerJobSubmitter and my original?

thanks again.

Yep. Leave your original workspace as-is published on FME Server. Then build a workspace with a Creator, going to an FME Server Job Submitter and point that to your workspace. Publish this new workspace to FME Server, and schedule it so that the workspace you want runs at the right time.

That should work as you're expecting. If it doesn't, try using the direct url in a HTTPCaller instead of the FMEServerJobSubmitter.

This part (and the job chains bit) of the server authoring course might help: https://s3.amazonaws.com/gitbook/Server-Authoring-2017/ServerAuthoring1Basics/1.20.RunningWithURL.html