Skip to main content

I have a .pdf with a list of files/folders that I want to copy from a disc with a heap of folders. I need the folders that match pdf list on the disc extracted out and put into a new folder.

What work flow would I use to do this. I am very new to using fme. I have been playing around with file directory reader and the filenamePartExtractor transformer but have not had any luck.

All advice welcome, my Internet search hasn't helped me much.

I think you are almost there, you just need the File Copy Writer to move or copy the files. As an alternative, you can use the SystemCaller to copy or move the files using commandline.

Please read the File Copy Writer Documentation first, as it does not work very intuitive. You need to create the attributes filecopy_source_dataset, filecopy_dest_dataset and optionally the filecopy_dest_ filename to let it work correctly.

@maryanneread - a few more details and an example in this post from @takashi

I think you are almost there, you just need the File Copy Writer to move or copy the files. As an alternative, you can use the SystemCaller to copy or move the files using commandline.

Please read the File Copy Writer Documentation first, as it does not work very intuitive. You need to create the attributes filecopy_source_dataset, filecopy_dest_dataset and optionally the filecopy_dest_ filename to let it work correctly.

Thanks for your reply! I did also have the File Copy Writer. It's good to know I was on the right track. It must be the imputs I'm using .

@maryanneread - a few more details and an example in this post from @takashi

Thank you for your reply, I will check it out.