Skip to main content

Hello all

We need to transfer Rooms feature from Revit to GDB

we need to show the client Room as a feature in GDB in 3d view

Hi,

I'm also new to this topic but when I searched long back on this topic and I came to know that FME exporter will be present in Revit and another option is to exporting to IFC format by which FME can read the data which you can migrate.

Hope this helps...

Hi,

I'm also new to this topic but when I searched long back on this topic and I came to know that FME exporter will be present in Revit and another option is to exporting to IFC format by which FME can read the data which you can migrate.

Hope this helps...

Hello Pratap

Thanks for your replay,

I have tried that option but it is showing like a table in GDB but not like a feature..
Hello Pratap

Thanks for your replay,

I have tried that option but it is showing like a table in GDB but not like a feature..
I think, I received geometry at that time. Can you ping me at kumarchintadri@gmail.com.

Hi @chaitanya,

Please use the Revit reader in FME, which can read both the RVZ files produced by the FME Exporter plugin for Revit and IFC files. If you only want the Rooms, use the Building Spaces data view, which will extract the Spaces as 3D solids, suitable for writing to GDB as multipatch geometry.

The File Geodatabase API writer cannot presently handle multipatch geometry - only points, lines and polygons. In order to write the multipatch geometry to GDB, please use the File Geodatabase ArcObjects writer, which is available in 32 bit FME, if you have ArcGIS Desktop installed on the same computer. You can also use this writer in 64 bit FME if you have the ArcGIS Pro installed, or 64 bit Background Geoprocessing installed in ArcGIS Desktop.