Skip to main content

Hi All,

I
want to perform Insert and Update operations in smallword by using FME
workbench.

I
want to update the existing cable features with new values.

About Datasets:

I
am performing update operation on Cambridge database in network data cable
feature. I want to update existing cable data based on cable id.

The
updated data values are available in Excel format. How can I perform update
operation based on excel values using FME workbench.

Now I want to update “914668,
914698, 914712, 914748”id Known As values as below.

I am facing problems in creating workbench in FME. I need to know the clear process for creating fme workbench for Update operation in Smallworld data.What are my possible solutions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

In FME, database updates are carried out using the fme_db_operation format attribute. fme_db_operation is described here on the KnowledgeCenter. Also, some documentation on fme_db_operation. The process is the same for the GE Smallworld writer

Another possible solution is using the Spatialbiz plugin for SmallWorld. The writer of this plugin has the option to write to the SmallWorld database in Merge mode (Insert for new objects, update for existing objects).

More information can be found here: http://www.spatialbiz.com/spatialbiz-plug-in.html

In FME, database updates are carried out using the fme_db_operation format attribute. fme_db_operation is described here on the KnowledgeCenter. Also, some documentation on fme_db_operation. The process is the same for the GE Smallworld writer

Thanks for reply.

When i try to run it is not translated into smallworld. It get's struck and not displayed any thing like bellow

In above image I took Smallworld cable and i want to update "Known_as" cable value into "aaaa" if the cable id is "914668" and finally the changed value into samllworld cable. But the workbench is struck. I am using cambridge.db for this example.

Can you please send me possible solution for this issue.

Struck Screen:

Thanks in advance for your help.