Skip to main content

I need to publish a workspace to fme server that will receive a geopackage file as base64 binary and will do some schema and data validation before inserting geopackage data into a number of Oracle tables. Actually an API will call the FME service providing that base64 binary and some other information.

Now my question is how to read geopackage schema and data into fme. Any idea? I don't see how to get the binary back into a geopackage file.

Thanks!

You can use the BinaryDecoder to convert the base64 document into a binary attribute, which you can then write to disk using e.g. the AttributeFileWriter (make sure to set target encoding to fme-binary). The TempPathnameCreator can be helpful if this is a supposed to be just a temporary file.

You can then use the FeatureReader to read the Geopackage file contents into FME.

You can use the BinaryDecoder to convert the base64 document into a binary attribute, which you can then write to disk using e.g. the AttributeFileWriter (make sure to set target encoding to fme-binary). The TempPathnameCreator can be helpful if this is a supposed to be just a temporary file.

You can then use the FeatureReader to read the Geopackage file contents into FME.

Had been playing with the BinaryDecoder but didn't know what to do next.

Thank you so much!!