Skip to main content

am learning FME Workbench/ Data Inspector etc.
But exactly I have a question, which I could use some help.

My question is: I am working with a GML file. It has uploaded in FME Data Inspector.
From this file, which includes BRepSolid 3D objects, I would like to get the exact heights (as an feature).
Than I want to save this data as a shapefile/geojson or something which I can than use in Qgis.

Untill now I have not had any succes.
Can you give me some tips or links to tutorial(s) to learn this?

Topics: heights / .gml file / into writer (for example shapefile)

Hi @nielsvhal,

If you want to extract the attribute Z from your features, I believe you can use the transformer CoordinateExtractor.

This transformer is possible to extract coordinates X, Y and Z and generate attributes:

And after this transformer you map the attribute Z to Attribute in Shapefile.

Thanks,

Danilo

Hi @nielsvhal, you can use the BoundsExtractor to extract minimum and maximum z coordinate of the feature, then calculate the height = zmax - zmin.

@Danilo @Takashi, thank you. I will try to get the option BoundsExtractor work. It seems (looking at the name) a direct answer. I will let you know if it worked for me. Thanks again, Niels

Hello, I tried to get it work. But untill now with no result. Can anybody help me out? It seems I can not find the solution on Youtube/Google etc. Hope anybody can give me the workflow in FME Workbench.

Hello, I tried to get it work. But untill now with no result. Can anybody help me out? It seems I can not find the solution on Youtube/Google etc. Hope anybody can give me the workflow in FME Workbench.

Could you share us your template Workspace (.FMWT )?

Thanks,

Danilo

Nope, but maybe you can create a template 🙂. I have the .gml file available, than I created the BoundsExtractor with it. Unfortunalty without a result.

I have an attribute containing multiline text where an arbitrary block of lines are repeated near the end of the data. I can't just remove duplicate lines, as an individual line might be have legitimate duplicates.

In the below example lines 2 and 15 are identical, but are correct, whereas the block of lines 17-23 are a repetition of lines 10-16, and need to be removed. The number of lines that are repeated varies, but there will always be at least one, and will include the last REV line before the footer. The footer data varies in length and content, but will never include a line beginning with REV.
SITE 1
REV 10-1P
REV 10-3D
SITE 2
REV 20-3V3
REV 20-3V4
REV 20-3V5
REV 20-3V6
REV 20-3W
REV 20-3X
REV 20-3X4
REV 20-3X5
REV 20-3X6
SITE 3
REV 10-1P
REV 10-1P1
REV 20-3X
REV 20-3X4
REV 20-3X5
REV 20-3X6
SITE 3
REV 10-1P
REV 10-1P1
Footer Data Here

The data is not in a text file that can be read bottom up, though I suppose if required it could be written to one and read back in

Hi @nielsvhal ,

Thanks your data GML.

The Workspace attached is reading the GML ( feature Building ) and using the transformer BoundsExtractor ( like @takashi wrote here ) and extract the values Zmax and Zmin.

The next Step is calculating and generate a attribute height = Zmax - Zmin.

The Data Inspector:

The Writer is a Shapefile and I added the Attribute height.

Attached the Workspace.

Thanks, - workspace-gml-to-shp.fmw

Danilo

@Danilo, thanks! Tomorrow morning I am going to let it work!

@Danilo, thanks! Tomorrow morning I am going to let it work!

Perfect @nielsvhal

Hello Danilo,

Thank you. This evening I got it work!

Thank you for your help! I appreciate it.

Best regards,

Niels

Hello Danilo,

Thank you. This evening I got it work!

Thank you for your help! I appreciate it.

Best regards,

Niels
Hi @nielsvhal

I'm happy to help you :)

Thanks,

Danilo