Skip to main content

I want to read sevaral excel file that are inside a zip file.

An excel file has the worksheest  Data 1, Dat2, ... Data n and the number of worksheet varies from one file to another.

For a given zipfile, I first read the schema feature  using a featureReader to get the list of sheetname.

imageThen, using a second featureReader, I read the attribute with the worksheet  

imageThe problem that I'm facing now is that when I enter manuall the values filename and filepath used within the first FeatureReader,  I'm able to get the reseults that I wanted. However, when I tried to read all the zip file with a python caller, the program stop and the only error that I have is ERROR RUNNING TRANSLATION.

Storing feature(s) to FME feature store file `C:\Users\...\inspector.ffs'
Storing feature(s) to FME feature store file `C:\Users\...\inspector.fsc'
Error running translation.
Creating reader for format: Microsoft Excel
Trying to find a DYNAMIC plugin for reader named `XLSXR'
FME API version of module 'XLSXR' matches current internal version (3.8 20160224)

And I'm not able to understand the error because, inside the ffs, it is written:

The FFS file `C:\Users\...\inspector.ffs' failed the CRC check.  It is corrupt, and cannot be read
A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details
Failed to specify the feature index as constraints on the reader

Any thoughts?

@Takashi Iijima​ , @daveatsafe​, @jdh​ , @Hans van der Maarel​, @david_r​  and others, any help would be greatly appreciated

Could you post a sample zip file? You can have garbage data in the excel sheets, the important thing is the file structure (sheets) and column names.

Hi @arthy​ 

Can I request you check, what happens when you click on FeatureType to Read ellipsis (...)?

I run some sample tests locally and I get a list of potential sheets.(see below)

https://app.screencast.com/DQqtVsR1Kmobu