Skip to main content

I am creating a workbench to convert an excell spreadsheet using csv file into dgn to display coordinated refererence marks in microstation. This displays in Inspector ,however when the dgn file is used in microstation, points or cells does not display in microstation. Any way of showing a point or cell point in microstation using particular transformer(s) so this information displays in microstation? Further, is there a utility workbench that can assist me with this issue?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give me.

Have you looked at the DGNStyler?

This allows styling (defining the cell for a point) before writing to MicroStation DGN.

Hi there, thanks for replying. I am using the DGN styler in my workbench. The points show up in Inspector, however they don't show up in microstation.

Hi there, thanks for replying. I am using the DGN styler in my workbench. The points show up in Inspector, however they don't show up in microstation.

Unfortunately I don't have Microstation so I cannot investigate/reproduce the situation. If you post a minimal sample dataset and workspace which reproduce the symptom, possibly someone who can use both FME and Microstation could suggest a solution. If you cannot share your data here, please contact Safe support team.

Hi @ilijajames01

I suspect the points are not styled as cells properly. Have you provided DGN Writer with a cell library? Does the library contain cells (cell names) you are using to style the points with DGNStyler? Are there any warnings regarding cells in the translation log?

Hi @LenaAtSafe

I have used DGN Writer with cell library and cell name for the points. There are no warnings regarding cells in the translation log. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.