Skip to main content

i have main excel file that has attribute called ID and it includes lots of different IDs

and i have different of excel files in specific folder , each file has the id plus his specific name .

how could i find the excel file by search by ID from the main excel file ,and extract the name beside this ID ,

if it is possible to extract specific row from the excel file when it matches

Main excel file has as exaple id no. 10

i have excel file called 10 - FLM -doya

so i want as first to find the excel file begins with 10 , then extract the name beside it in another column FLM-doya

i need also ut after this step ,extract specific row C 1 inside the excel file that FME found

Thanks alot for helping

You can use a "Directory and File Pathnames" reader to get a list of all Excel documents, then match that list to the id's from your main file with for example a FeatureMerger or FeatureJoiner and if you have a match use a FeatureReader to read that file. Do make sure you plan for what needs to happen when there's more than one match.

You can use a "Directory and File Pathnames" reader to get a list of all Excel documents, then match that list to the id's from your main file with for example a FeatureMerger or FeatureJoiner and if you have a match use a FeatureReader to read that file. Do make sure you plan for what needs to happen when there's more than one match.

Thanks ,i managed it but after i used feature merger ,i got the name that matched the id that is great buthow could i read the excel files for all ids that mathed ,is it possible to let Feature reader to read all excel file automatic then extract specific row from this excel.could you explain with small example ,is it possible to extract specific row from excel file withot open it or which method r u using,sry iam new here

i have another question related to this question ,is it possible if i have folder and this folder contains lots of folder and inside of each folder includes excel file and another files,could i use feature reader to open the match excel file for looking inside each folder and open excel file of matched then extract word from specific row

Thanks ,i managed it but after i used feature merger ,i got the name that matched the id that is great buthow could i read the excel files for all ids that mathed ,is it possible to let Feature reader to read all excel file automatic then extract specific row from this excel.could you explain with small example ,is it possible to extract specific row from excel file withot open it or which method r u using,sry iam new here

i have another question related to this question ,is it possible if i have folder and this folder contains lots of folder and inside of each folder includes excel file and another files,could i use feature reader to open the match excel file for looking inside each folder and open excel file of matched then extract word from specific row

You can have the FeatureMerger build a list of all matches, then explode that list using a ListExploder. Each matched file will be a separate feature so you can run them all through the FeatureReader.

If your Excel files are set up consistently (i.e. the information you need is always on the same worksheet and in the same cell) you can set that up in the FeatureReader parameters.

You can have the FeatureMerger build a list of all matches, then explode that list using a ListExploder. Each matched file will be a separate feature so you can run them all through the FeatureReader.

If your Excel files are set up consistently (i.e. the information you need is always on the same worksheet and in the same cell) you can set that up in the FeatureReader parameters.

thanks alot almost done after building list of feature merger , i found when i use in feature reader parameter Format Excel Dataset , i have to choose one of excel file not all of them once a time ,how could i solve this problem and how could i choose the row for each worksheet that i need to export ,sry for disturbance you .it is first time ,i use most of these transformers so i am confused a little bt .

thanks alot almost done after building list of feature merger , i found when i use in feature reader parameter Format Excel Dataset , i have to choose one of excel file not all of them once a time ,how could i solve this problem and how could i choose the row for each worksheet that i need to export ,sry for disturbance you .it is first time ,i use most of these transformers so i am confused a little bt .

Can you share a screenshot of how your FeatureReader is setup?