Skip to main content

Hi guys,

I'm trying some autocad text features formatting. So, I have a number of text features at their insertion coords. I want those to be formatted like they are aligned in some text editor and I want it in DWG output if possible.

I have:

100 200

390 420

210 333

Of course, this is only a sketch. There can be up to 300-400 text feaures at their locations.

I want them to be aligned like this:

etc.

Possibly in DWG format. If not possible, some other solution that can be copied to DWG is also an option.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Hi @jjaksic22,

I think there a few options. You can change set the horizontal alignment of text features in AutoCAD using the autocad_justification attribute. Look for this method here: Autocad text entitities

The other option would be to use Mtext entities, which allow for multiple rows within a single element. You can find more about the attributes of those here: Autocad multi text enitities

I hope this will work for you.

I'm not sure I understand. If puting the 2nd number under the first one, a simple StringReplacer (change <space> sign to <newline> sign) followed by DWGStyler (choose Multi-Text) will do the trick.

Also DWGStyler already has Justification drop-down menu if necesary.

Please tell me if it's something else.

I'm not sure I understand. If puting the 2nd number under the first one, a simple StringReplacer (change <space> sign to <newline> sign) followed by DWGStyler (choose Multi-Text) will do the trick.

hi @zzupljanin, wish it was that simple. Unfortunately. the sketch I wrote in question looked different when I was typing post. Actually, input file is DWG with text labels at different coordinates, scattered all over the area. I want to rearrange labels in manner of a list, one below previous.

is this what you're looking for?

from

to

Mine first post was confusing. Here is what I want:

From

To

Hope this can be achieved. Sorry for your time lost.

Hi @jjaksic22,

if you want a single list for all coördinates, you could use an Aggregator transformer. You can select the autocad_text_string or fme_text_string attribute under 'Attributes to Concatenate'. Next as a Separator Character you open the Text Editor and change the comma in a hard return.

You'll have your list ready. You just need to rename the attribute to autocad_mtext_string.

I hope this solves your issue.

Thanks @lars_de_vries. This is close to a solution. In attribute autocad_mtext_string I get exactly what I need. From FME Data Inspector I can copy all the text to Autocad MTEXT. That works. The problem is with DWG WRITER. I've got a block reference with all the features at their original locations while I want one feature with content of the autocad_mtext_string attribute. Can this be solved too?

Thanks for the effort.

Hi @jjaksic22,

If it is about writing mtext instead of blocks, I think you will have to set the attribute 'autocad_entity' to value 'autocad_multi_text'.

If you are reading blocks, you should turn on the reader parameter 'Explode Blocks into Entities'.

Hi @jjaksic22,

if you want a single list for all coördinates, you could use an Aggregator transformer. You can select the autocad_text_string or fme_text_string attribute under 'Attributes to Concatenate'. Next as a Separator Character you open the Text Editor and change the comma in a hard return.

You'll have your list ready. You just need to rename the attribute to autocad_mtext_string.

Thanks @lars_de_vries. This was correct, although I needed a solution for a single point geometry. I got that from https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/35796/how-to-aggregate-into-single-point-features.html. Thanks, you've been great help.

Best regards