Skip to main content

the smallworld reader is giving error in FME2018.It says "SWORLDSWAF reader: string too long"

I am using 2016 and I don't take any error like this. Is there any idea to fix it?

We have seen this error before. It seems to be related to national language characters in the table or attribute names that the GE Smallworld does not support. I think that you should probably open a case with GE through GE SupportCentral to a. confirm if this is the cause of the error and b.if it can be fixed in the reader or a workaround

Hi @esaka

I've got the same error as you, did you find a solution for it?

Thanks!

H? @paulamursa

Unfortunately, I did not able to. However,I have done an analysis about my dataset structure. There are 2 layers that I get this error (eo_power_xfrmr_inst & sub_substation). The remainder layers are ok (wire/cabel _inst, pedestal,audithistory). I was getting from the pole same error, but I tried to use the where clause "[electric] eo_wire_segment_inst where status="Existing" I could fix the issue. Maybe this is not related to this issue, but it worked.

As I said whatever I did, I could not fix the issue for the eo_power_xfrmr_inst & sub_substation layers.

I am expecting that to fixed this issue by GE&Safe; support teams If you find any solution, please let me know. Thanks.

Hi @esaka

I've got the same error as you, did you find a solution for it?

Thanks!

Hi @paulamursa,

GE support sent me the new sworldswaf.dll which created at 11Mar2019. It fixed the issue.The reason is the Turkish national characters where is in annotation column..