Skip to main content

When running the sheduled job in FME Server, we are encountering this error from time to time. Today, FME Server 2016 cannot connect to ArcGIS Online.

ArcGIS Online Feature Service Writer: Encountered an unexpected error. The error code from the server was '403' and the message was: 'You do not have permissions to access this resource or perform this operation.'. Details: '

However, I tried running this in ArcGIS Desktop 2017.1 and it was able to connect and write the features to ArcGIS Online. I'm using the same ArcGIS Online account for both.

Hi @azajarc,

Unfortunately, this looks like an error we had earlier in the 2016 version. As you noted 2017.1 does not have the same problem. These permissions errors were fixed for FME 2016.1.2 and newer. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Richard

Hi @azajarc,

Unfortunately, this looks like an error we had earlier in the 2016 version. As you noted 2017.1 does not have the same problem. These permissions errors were fixed for FME 2016.1.2 and newer. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Richard

Thank you Richard for looking into this issue and identifying the cause of error. Can you please provide the patch instructions for FME 2016.1.2?

Hi @azajarc,

Thanks,

Richard

We've seen this in 2017.1 (17650) and just attributed it to ArcGIS Online.

SOLUTION

make sure your using a VPN or Network Dongle to make sure permissions can be accessed via License location (many times this is what causes permission errors here) is making sure your computer can directly access the License

I connected my Network Dongle and it works just fine now